The following shall constitute an Agreement effective from the date (“Acceptance Date”) on
which you submitted the Content (as defined below) and thereby accepted the Terms of this
Agreement. These terms and conditions govern the contractual relationship between Science atlas, its successors, affiliates, licensees and assigns (“Science atlas”, “Licensee” “us” or “we”) and you (“Licensor” or “you”) in relation to the grant of rights being provided by you in relation to the Content.
- You are uploading and/or submitting certain text, visual or audio-visual content to Science atlas (the “Content”) and by uploading and/or submitting the Content to Science atlas, such Content shall become the sole property of Science atlas.
- You hereby irrevocably assign to Science atlas absolutely and with full title guarantee, all intellectual property rights and interest in and to the Content (including, without limitation, the title thereof, any people featured, performances, characters, names, trademarks, logos, animation, audio (including but not limited to music, sound recordings and sound effects) and any other rights or elements which make up, are depicted or appear in, or which are associated with the Content and the file(s) submitted to Science atlas (regardless of the format, including (but not limited to) submissions in URL formats). Such rights granted shall include the right to bring, make, oppose, defend, appeal proceedings, claims or actions and obtain relief (and to retain any damages recovered) in respect of any infringement, or any other cause of action arising from ownership of any of the rights in and to the Content whether occurring before, on, or after the Acceptance Date. You hereby confirm that from the Acceptance Date, Science atlas shall be exclusively entitled to exploit the Content (and authorise and grant other parties the right to exploit the Content) in any way or manner and for any purpose Science atlas see fit, including (but not limited to) any form of commercial, promotion or marketing capacity, on any and all media whether now known or hereafter invented, throughout the world and in perpetuity. You furthermore, grant Science atlas (and/or any other third parties we authorise to use the Content) the full right to use, edit and modify the Content in any manner and without any limitations. You hereby grant to Science atlas the right to publicly issue details relating to the Content and/or any other information relating to you and/or the Content (including but not limited to your name, photograph(s), likeness or other details about you). You confirm that you have procured any and all such rights from any third parties in order for the foregoing to apply to any persons or subjects featured in the Content.
- You warrant and undertake to Science atlas that: (a) you have the full right to enter into this Agreement and assign the rights (including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights) in and to the Content and all information provided by you to Science atlas is true, accurate and not misleading; (b) you are the full and legal owner of all rights (including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights) in and to the Content; (c) you have obtained all required clearances and paid all monies necessary in order for us to be able to exercise the rights granted by you herein and you confirm and warrant that Science atlas will not be required to obtain any other or separate rights, clearances or license, nor shall Science atlas be required to make any additional payments to any parties in order to exercise the rights granted by you herein; (d) all individuals featured in the Content have provided full consent to their inclusion in the Content and you have obtained all required consents, permissions and image/appearance releases from any individuals, groups, parties or locations, so that you are able to grant the rights granted herein, including (but not limited to) our right to use, exhibit, distribute, exploit, sub-license, reproduce and/or edit (without limitation or restriction) such persons’ names, voices, likenesses, appearance and performances contained in the Content. You agree that you shall procure that any necessary third party shall execute, deliver and provide any such additional documents (required by Science atlas, in its sole discretion) and perform such acts as may reasonably be required for the purpose of giving full effect to this Agreement in a timely manner; (e) nothing in the Content, nor its use or exploitation by Science atlas, its permitted licensees and/or any other third parties’ use of the Content as authorised by Science atlas, will infringe or violate the rights or interests of any party (including but not limited to, copyright, trademarks, patent rights, rights of privacy, image rights, moral rights, other statutory, common law or contractual rights of any individual person or entity or any other right of any third party, breach any contract or duty of confidence, constitute a contempt of court, be defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful, or bring Science atlas or any third party into disrepute; (f) all facts expressed by you in the Content are, to the best of your knowledge and belief, true and insofar as the Content contains any opinions, these opinions are your own and are genuinely and truly held by you; (g) there has been no infringement or likely infringement of any of the Content; (h) you have not granted, nor shall you grant, to anyone else any right which would prevent or impair in any way your right to assign the rights (including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights) to us or which conflict with the rights
being granted by you to us; and (i) you have used your reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Content does not contain any viruses or malware.
- You shall fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless Science atlas (and any thirdparties authorised by Science atlas using or exploiting the Content), their respective officers, employees, successors, licensees and permitted assigns from and against: (a) any costs, claim, demand, action, damages, loss and/or expense arising from actions brought by any third parties arising from any breach of any of the representations, warranties or agreements made by you; (b) any claims of or respecting slander, libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, false light, infringement of copyright or trademark, or violations of any other rights arising out of or relating to any use of the Content as authorised herein. You agree and understand that Science atlas is relying on the representations made by you and any breach of the terms and/or warranties set out herein would cause Science atlas injury and damage that cannot be adequately compensated by damages in an action at law and you expressly agree that, without limiting our remedies, Science atlas shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief. You irrevocably release Science atlas, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees and assigns from any claim of any nature in connection with their use of the Content. You shall further fully indemnify and keep Science atlas fully indemnified against any costs, claim, demand, action, damages, loss and/or expense (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest penalties, legal costs and any other reasonable costs and expenses suffered or incurred by Science atlas) arising directly or indirectly from any breach or non-performance by you of this Agreement and you shall pay all such costs, claim, demand, action, damages, loss and/or expense forthwith on demand by Science atlas. At the request of Science atlas and at your own expense, you shall provide all reasonable assistance to enable Science atlas to resist any claim, action or proceedings brought against Science atlas as a consequence of any breach of this Agreement. Such indemnity Content Assignment Agreement 2 shall apply whether or not Science atlas has been negligent or at fault. You agree that the foregoing shall apply to you and to any persons featured within the Content and you have obtained required permissions from such persons in order to grant such rights to us. You authorize us to assign or sublicense any of the rights granted hereunder to any other third parties without any further payment to you. You understand and agree that all the Terms set out in this Agreement and your assignment of all rights in and to the Content shall remain in full force and effect (and i.e. remain the property of Science atlas in full and without any limitations of any kind
whatsoever) regardless of whether the Content is featured on the Page or not. Science atlas shall not be obliged to use the Content and in the event that the Content is not used, the assignment of rights set out herein shall remain valid and binding.
- You agree not to make any disclosures or supply any information to any third party relating to any matters arising under this Agreement, save with the prior written consent of Science atlas. You further agree not to give any person any interview or make, give or release any statement for publication by any means or medium relating to the Content without Science atlas’s prior written consent.
- This Agreement constitutes and sets out the entire agreement between the parties at the date hereof relating to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between the parties, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise to rely upon or enforce this Agreement, save that the Science atlas shall be entitled to exercise its rights hereunder and rely on and enforce this Agreement as if it were a party hereunder.
- By clicking ‘ACCEPT’ ot ‘SUBMIT’ in relation to this Agreement, you agree to be bound by the Terms set out under this Agreement.