What Is Metabolism?
Metabolism is all chemical reactions performed for the living being to survive. We hear a lot about “my metabolism is slow”, one of the words that is used a lot when trying to lose weight, and immediately behind it comes the claim that teas, coffee and spices speed up the metabolism. But the evidence for these claims is weak and they are not long-term. So how can we speed up our metabolism?
How Does Metabolism Accelerate?
Body size, age, sex and our genes affect metabolism. Muscle cells require more energy to maintain than fat cells.Nov. For this reason, people whose muscle mass is faster than fat mass have faster metabolism, which leads to the result that weight training speeds up metabolism Nov.
What To Look Out For To Speed Up Your Metabolism
- A Protein-weighted diet has been supported by research that it will speed up your metabolism, allowing you to stay full for a long time and create more novices.
- It has been found that those who drink water, rather than sugary drinks, consume more water, their metabolism is faster.
- High-intensity exercises can also burn fat after exercise, increasing your metabolic rate.
- Lifting weights increases your muscle mass and means you’ll burn more calories even at rest Nov. Lifting weights also helps you maintain muscles and fight metabolism decline. A study found that women who train after a diet maintain their muscle mass, metabolism, and strength Nov. It was found that women who did not diet and train lost weight, but experienced a decrease in their muscle mass and metabolism Nov.
- Green tea and yesilong tea can be added to the diet. These teas can help convert the fatty acids stored in your body into free fatty acids, which can increase fat burning by 10-17%.
- Pepper can be added to the diet. Pepper contains capsaicin, a substance that can accelerate metabolism. Adding this to the diet alone will have a very small benefit. However, it can provide a small advantage when you combine other metabolism-boosting strategies.
- Adequate sleep, lack of sleep are important factors in the development of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Insufficient sleep has also been shown to increase the amount of the hunger hormone, ghrelin, and reduce the satiety hormone, leptin, and change the way you process sugar.
- Coffee is also known to increase metabolism by 3-11% thanks to the caffeine in it and also promotes fat burning, such as Yesil tea. But the study found that it affects weak people more. It was found to increase fat burning by 29% for lean women and only 10% for obese women.
- Replacing cooking oils with coconut oil can help speed up metabolism a little.
- Fast diets and other calorie-restricted diets, very fast weight loss can also slow down the metabolism. Because when the body doesn’t get enough calories, it breaks down the muscles to use for energy, and the less muscle there is, the slower the metabolism Nov.
It should be noted that none of this alone may be enough. By combining all metabolism-accelerating strategies, you can replace stalling weight loss stages with healthy weight loss.